ABOUT THE PRIZE
Creative States’ Future Field Prize is a juried annual award spanning the disciplines of art, design and architecture for work devoted to probing future visions that engage, uplift and embolden us, around a yearly specified theme.
The Prize Includes
$20,000 to fund future work
Website and attendant prize publicity
‘Creative Takes’ short documentary profile of winner, their work, creative process and inspirations.
Open to projects from the disciplines of art, design and architecture, the Future Field Prize celebrates work that exhibit the following qualities:
- Speculative: The work is imaginative and future-seeking; buoyed by possibility yet tethered to reality.
- Aspirational: Taking present-day challenges as the starting point for exploring more desirable futures, the work emerges from a desire to chart pathways toward a better tomorrow.
- Embodied: The work uses the language of the arts to ground complex issues in our everyday experience in tangible, relatable, and playful ways that move us by tapping into our senses and emotions.
- Generative: The work seeks inventive, viable and impactful pathways toward living together with greater dignity and beauty.
- Engaging: Actively solicits community feedback and invites open-minded discussion in creating their future.
Guided by the current theme, Creative States selects a committee of four experts from a variety of fields to nominate, review and select the Future Field Prize winner.
Creative States aspires to grow a global creative community engaged in imagining collective futures. We are always seeking to widen our network and actively encourage creatives of all kinds and backgrounds who feel their work meets our selection criteria to apply for consideration. The public is equally welcome to submit names for consideration here.
September 15: Annual prize theme and jury announced
December 15: Nomination and submission deadline
February 15: Finalists announced.
March 15: Winner announced
June/July 15: Creative Takes video launch